Marilynne Robinson is an Iowa treasure an award-winning author who lives right down the road in Iowa City. She is best known for her novels set in the mythical town of Gilead, Iowa. Gilead won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction in 2005. She has focused on other characters from Gilead in her books Home and Lila, and now in her latest novel, Jack. Jack is the fourth in this series. Although some critics say it is a stand-alone title, dont read it first. Take the time and start from the beginning with Gilead. If youve already read the three novels, then your waiting is over. Reserve Jack for curbside pickup and enjoy.
- Anamosa volleyball: Extremely intense atmosphere
- ‘ANAMOSA’ mural a group effort
- Dutcher pleads guilty in prison attack charges: Sentenced to consecutive life sentences
- Anamosa football: Within striking distance
- Springville-Central City cross country: Mini-conference meet
- A good tribute
- Springville volleyball: State-ranked showdown
- Midland football: Momentum shifts quickly
- One dead, one injured in single car accident at Hwy. 6 and Half Moon Ave.
- Steam cars roll into town