CEDAR RAPIDS– With temperatures on the rise, air conditioners are working harder to keep homes cool. Alliant Energy offers tips to help customers stay cool and reduce energy usage.
- Turn the thermostat up a few degrees. Setting the thermostat as high as possible while staying comfortable saves energy.
- Close the shades. Keep unused rooms cooler by keeping the shades closed.
- Use ceiling fans when possible. Turn off fans when leaving a room.
- Unplug unused electronics. Electronics and small appliances off but plugged in still use power.
- Don’t use the television for background noise. Use a radio or a white noise app on a phone to use less energy.
More tips and information about saving energy at home is available at alliantenergy.com/energyefficiency.
Taking these steps can increase savings and help customers avoid surprises on their bill.